Carbon fibre frame with a transparent gloss coat and blue accents on the aluminium castors wheels and forks, backrest piping and lightweight wheels with ellipse 3R handrims and marathon plus tyres. A standard aluminium backrest with EXO backrest sling and folding/locking mechanism; fold-down push handles; fender carbon side guards; flip-up anti-tip bar; performance fixed frame; lightweight tubular aluminium footplate and compact wheel locks.
Source of Wheelchair:
Classical Ehlers Danlos Syndrome & Spinal Fusion C0-T1
This chair is amazingly lightweight, the total opposite of a classical NHS wheelchair services chair! Perfect for people like me who are weak and have pain in most of their body. I needed a chair that was lightweight when propelling and when dismantled so that I could put it in the car by myself. Giving me some independence and the ability to go out without family, all without putting any strain on my back!
– Compact frame makes it perfect for small areas.
– Ellipse handrims are really good for those who struggle with the slippiness that comes with using standard rims, as they provide good grip by having rubber strips around the rims. (They are the same as the popular Surge rims, but provided by Quickie!)
– Works well off-road with my Freewheel and off-road wheels, although I am unsure of its capabilities off-road without add ons.
– Works well with the Phoenix Instinct Luggage Sets providing you have the right adapter for your backrest bar.
– Fold-down push handles mean that random people can’t move me out of the way when I don’t want them too, but also gives family members a suitable area to help me if I need help on a hill etc, as opposed to pushing directly against my back.
– The blue accents give the chair a pop of colour whilst still giving it an elegant and sophisticated look, something that can be hard to get with mobility aids.
– Frame, side guards and Ellipse rims scratch very easily.
– Footrest is very slippy, but I needed to keep the ‘d’ shape plate for my freewheel attachment. Therefore, I just added some non-slip bathroom tape to it!