No longer needed!
I'm selling my 2014 Invacare Pronto M41 Powerchair which is in excellent condition, has no tears or dents and is in great running order. It's a very comfortable chair to sit in, as it has a memory foam seat cushion and adjustable back support via a system of horizontally adjustable straps inside the backrest. The middle wheel drive also makes it easy to manoeuvre.
The headrest was brand new when I was originally fitted for this chair, which had only been lightly used for a few months at the of purchase; however, I have been unable to use this chair for at least the past year. The batteries were in excellent condition when I last used it, but because the chair hasn’t been charged/used in a while, the batteries may need replacing depending on how much capacity they’ve retained. Although I am aware that the previous owner kept the battery charged to maintain its condition, in addition to being charged occasionally whilst sitting idol in my home for the last year.
Either way, when I was regularly using it I was able to cover several miles on a single charge. It is still running well and had a brand new motor fitted on the right-hand wheel exactly one month before I stopped using it. The previous owner only occasionally used this, before I regularly used it for around 6 months; meaning it's had very little use for its age. I would often cover 3 miles in one outing without fully draining the battery, but I obviously can't guarantee they are still operating at this capacity.
This chair is ideal for anyone who would benefit from the opportunity to get out and about independently, with the additional support of a high backed seat, supportive seat cushion and adjustable headrest. It’s been stored indoors since I received a replacement chair and it’s time for someone else to benefit from the freedom it gave me. See the list below for more details:
- Comes with two 35amp batteries and a charger.
- Good range of several miles on a single charge.
- 18" seat width, memory foam seat cushion.
- 19" seat height.
- Adjustable lap belt.
- 6 non-puncture wheels.
- Adjustable back position.
- Adjustable tension in backrest via horizontal straps inside the backrest.
- Adjustable headrest bought directly from Invacare (over £100).
- Red shroud cover.
- Does 4mph and has a 90 degree turning angle.
- Middle wheel drive enabling it to turn in its own length.
- Brand new motor fitted to the right drive wheel (around £350).
- New motor has only been used for a few weeks, as my chair from wheelchair services arrived soon after fitting it.
- An equivalent chair would cost around £1800 new!