Invacare TDX SP2 NB
Tell us what your wheelchair looks like:
Mid-wheel driver, with headlights, rear lights and indicators. Contoured back cushion, Matrx Flo-Tech solution seat cushion with curved headrest. Cow horn joystick from Meru. Handle bars have been removed. My chair has electronic tilt and electronic elevating leg rests. The arm rests are removed using the screws.
How did you get this wheelchair:
Where did you get this wheelchair:
Mobility at Home
Scroll down to read more!
This wheelchair is really comfortable?
This wheelchair is easy to take apart?
This wheelchair is easy to transport?
This wheelchair is great off road?
How long does the battery last?
Around 18 miles.
What would you rate this wheelchair:
I find this chair to be a great option for outdoor use; but the mid wheel drive mean it is also easy to get around indoors, along with the centre mounted leg rests give it a smaller turning circle. If you have unlimited financial resources, you could pretty much adapt this chair in anyway you wanted/needed. Sadly I don’t have all the adaptations I need, as they are very expensive. But it is still a great chair, which has improved my quality of life by reducing my pain and improving my independence. Having the option to recline if needed is also a big help for people struggling with pain! I’ve listed some more of the good and bad things about this chair below!
- comes with many adaptable features
- crash tested, so can go in car
- can travel at 6mph
- decent suspension
- having 6 wheels means it is less likely to tip forward or backwards
- parts take ages to order
- requires a wheelchair accessible van to transport, or at very least a large car with a large boot and a heavy duty hoist
- it isn't designed for taller people, so the leg rests are a bit short when elevated - so if you have long legs, you won't be able to straighten them
- due to narrow base it can only hold the smaller batteries
Disability or Medical Condition: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Did you find this review helpful? Hit the 'LIKE' button to let us know!
Have any questions? Comment down below & we will get back to you!