Silver and black folding powerchair with a minimalistic frame. It has a fixed central footplate, flip-up arm rests, 8 inch solid tyres front and rear, control panel with LCD screen and standard joystick. Supplied with a basic foam cushion, tension adjustable backrest and an under-seat storage basket
Approximately 9 Miles
Source of Wheelchair:
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome & Acquired Brain Injury
The Foldalite was my first ever powerchair, which I picked due to having very little turning/storage space at home. At the time I didn’t know I would eventually need specialist seating but until then this chair was perfect for my needs.
– Easy to fold and store.
– Fits in most car boots.
– Easy to charge both on and off-board using lightweight batteries.
– The battery charger is small enough to carry in the under-seat basket.
– Can be easily lifted with a vehicle boot hoist.
– USB charging port on the control panel.
– Compact size is great for shopping trips or days out.
– Fantastic product to use when travelling by plane and batteries are approved by the Civil Aviation Authority.
– Difficult to lift, depending on individuals strength and range of motion.
– No suspension, making it uncomfortable to use on an uneven surface.
– Basic seating has no options to customise at point of sale, but maybe compatible with certain seating modifications post-purchase.
– No option for additional electronic features such as tilt and recline, elevating leg rests, or seat raiser.
– Sometimes struggles to navigate cambered surfaces.
– The footplate is fixed in position and cannot be adjusted in height or angle.