Built-in electron tilt function and elevating leg rests. Mid-wheel drive, with headlights, rear lights and indicators. Contoured back cushion, Matrix Flo-Tech seat cushion and curved headrest. Cow horn joystick from MERU, removable handlebars and adjustable armrests.
Around 18 miles
Source of Wheelchair:
Mobility At Home
Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS), Myalgic Encephalitis (ME) & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Since writing this review in 2018 and stating that my pain and independence had been improved, I have recently been forced to cancel my rental contract a year early due to the fact it is now so uncomfortable to use this wheelchair. I also don’t like how inflexible the suspension is when going up and down train and bus ramps.
You can still read my initial review listed below, as someone with completely different needs may be better suited to the Invacare TDX SP2 NB – however, please take note of my recent update before deciding whether this is the right wheelchair for you!
The mid-wheel drive and centre mounted leg rests to create a small turning circle that is perfect for navigating tight spaces indoors, whilst also comfortably navigating outdoor terrains. If you have unlimited financial resources, you could pretty much adapt to this chair in any way you wanted/needed. Sadly I don’t have all the adaptations I need, as they are very expensive. I’ve listed some more of the good and bad things about this chair below, as I think I would only recommend this chair to people with certain requirements!
– comes with many adaptable features
– crash tested, so can go in a car
– can travel at 6mph
– decent suspension
– having 6 wheels means it is less likely to tip forward or backwards
– parts take ages to order
– requires a wheelchair accessible van to transport, or at very least a large car with a large boot and a heavy-duty hoist
– it isn’t designed for taller people as the leg rests are a bit short when elevated, so if you have long legs you won’t be able to straighten them.
– due to its narrow base, it can only hold the smaller batteries